Emergency School Closing Information
Delayed School Openings:
The Delayed School Opening is utilized at appropriate times to avoid closing school for the entire school day, a 90-minute delayed school opening will be announced. Our School Messenger Alert System will be activated as well as the above avenues of communication.
At times the decision for a Delayed School Opening may have to be upgraded to a school closing, our School Messenger Alert System will be activated as well as the above avenues of communication.
Emergency School-Wide Early Dismissal:
In the event weather becomes inclement OR there is a school emergency and we must close during the school day, our emergency procedure is as follows:
- Administrators & staff will notify the police, bus companies, radio & TV stations.
- Our School Messenter Alert System WILL begin a telephone relay to every family.
- Every child will then be dismissed according to the plan you established with your child in September and wrote on the “School-Wide Emergency Dismissal” form. You should have the yellow parent copy. If you need to change your plan at anytime during the school year, please send in a written request for a new form, then send the updated completed form to school the very next day.
- Buses wil run as usual.
- All car students will be brought to the gym.
- After the buses leave, parents/guardians may enter the school via the front door and report to the gym to pick up the children. Administrators & teachers will be present to insure that the students go home with the designated person.
NO STUDENT WILL BE RELEASED BEFORE THE STATED DISMISSAL TIME. PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE SCHOOL’S MAIN OFFICE. WE NEED TO KEEP OUR PHONE LINES OPEN.
Let’s be prepared: If the weather looks intimidating in the morning, please remind your child of the established dismissal procedure before the children leave for school. The school will strictly enforce the plan you submitted to your child’s teacher.
We realize that during emergencies, you are concerned about your child, but keep in mind that as administrators & teachers, we are responsible for the well being of every child.